Hello readers and writers!
Today marks the first day in a 20-day-long contest. Andrea Lundgren, who does book coaching services has generously donated prizes to 7 winners. Here’s what 7 lucky people will win (one prize per winner):
- 1 First Place Prize–Book Coaching for a work up to 120,000 words ($120 value)
- 2 Second Place Prizes–Book Coaching for a work up to 80,000 words ($80 value, each)
- 4 Third Place Prizes–Book Coaching for a work up to 50,000 words ($50 value, each)
This time, there are two ways to enter to win one of the above prizes:
- Subscribe to my free newsletter (termed Applebury Press) between April 2nd-April 22nd. If you’re already a subscriber, then you are automatically entered into the contest (which is a good reason to stay subscribed to be automatically entered into future contests).
- If you have a Twitter account, retweet this tweet. It’s a promo for my book, The Idea Factory, which explores 1,000 writing prompts and ideas for fiction writers. If you’ve already retweeted it in the past, you can un-retweet it, then retweet it again. Only retweets between April 2nd-April 22nd will be counted in the contest.
A person can enter to win by doing either action or enter twice for doing both. At the end of the contest, 7 winners will be randomly drawn from the pool of entries and individually contacted. I will give them redemption codes to give to Andrea when they contact her.
Each prize includes an initial reading response along with two rounds of dialogue about the work. The prizes will be good for one year and can only be used on a single work of fiction that adheres to the same content restrictions as Andrea’s book reviews (PG-13 language, level of violence, and sexual content–although novels can contain adult topics and an adult focus).
For more information about Andrea Lundgren’s services for Book Coaching, check out her services details page.
Until then, write on!
The Insider Chipmunk Threat is the satirical story of a secret-squirrel agent named Nickel (codename: Nutmeg), who transfers from the Furry Bureaucrats of Investigation to the Dynamic Secret-Squirrels Intelligence Alliance to assist his former mentor, Agent Cinnamon.
Upon arrival, Agent Nutmeg quickly realizes that Agent Cinnamon struggles to combat the ever-growing Insider Chipmunk Threat: a counterintelligence initiative that looks to find government employees under the influence of the evil chipmunks. Together, the agents must battle corruption to thwart cunning mouse contractor, Marjorie, from her evil attempts to sabotage their investigation. Can they stop her in time?