Not every referral business, link, website, or service mentioned has been personally vetted to an extreme extent, so it is your own responsibility to fully research before conducting business with them. Although I do my best to include quality resources and service providers, by listing them, I do not necessarily personally endorse or recommend their products, services, or business ventures. Perform business or transactions with any at your own risk after personal research.
A Writer’s Path and its owner/publisher is not responsible for lost sales, unfortunate happenings, conflicts, bad deals, unsatisfactory work, reputational slights, or incomplete transactions due to the interactions with the individuals/entities listed anywhere on this website. Any conflicts need to be taken up with the entity directly.
Photos and images that do not have attribution connected to them come from a source that does not require it.
This blog and its owner is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our mailing list. Any time you opt to submit your email address (or other requested data), you consent to having your email address (or other requested data) automatically added to the A Writer’s Path newsletter list, which is stored here on WordPress. You can opt-out or unsubscribe any time.
When commenting, submitting a form, ordering, or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your personal data such as, but not limited to: name, website, or e-mail address. This information is stored here on WordPress and viewed by AWP’s management. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Public Posting: If you post in the comments of a blog post on the Website (or anywhere on social media), you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. A Writer’s Path is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs, such as social media sharing.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information, analytics, and feedback we receive from you.
- To communicate with you: The email address you provide may be used to send you information, email newsletters, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To enforce legal terms that govern your use of the laws applicable to the website.
- And, for any other purposes for which the information is collected and maintained.
Cookies and Web Beacons
What are cookies? A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies through your individual browser options, but if you do, some features of this site may not work as intended.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, in the (unlikely) event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer, for fraud protection or to reduce the risk of fraud, or to protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
General Data Protection Regulation GDPR Compliance for EU Citizens
Because A Writer’s Path is based in the United States, our targeted visitors are also USA citizens. However, we value the privacy of the personal data of all website visitors, and we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with GDPR regulations. In short, GDPR states that if a website collects or stores data related to an EU citizen, the website must comply with the following:
- Tell the user who you are, why you collect the data, and how long it will be stored.
- Get clear consent before collecting any data
- Let users access/delete their data
- Let users know if data breaches occur
If you are concerned about the privacy of your information, you may:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our newsletters. You may also notify us via the contact page to be removed from our mailing list.
- Amend – You may contact us to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request via email.